Use this sample letter, phone script and PowerPoint presentation to let your elected representatives know that Plumbers support a single plumbing code in Washington—the UPC. Your voices were heard, we asked you to oppose the following bills that were filed in the Washington State Legislature: HOUSE BILL 1435 AND SENATE BILL 5412, and neither made it out of their respective committees.
Sample Letter and Phone Script
- Send a letter to your State Representatives and Senator urging them to oppose adding the IPC. Click here for a sample letter.
- Call the legislative hotline at 1-800-562-6000 and leave a message for your State Representatives and Senator urging them to oppose adding the IPC. Click here for a sample phone script.
- Click here to find PowerPoint slides to use for presentations at local meetings of the IAPMO, WABO, BOMA, local government or community meetings, or in one-on-one meetings with government officials.
- How the Public Protects Itself With Plumbing Codes (PDF) is a summary of the relationship between plumbing and public health.
- 5 REASONS TO OPPOSE an Additional Plumbing Code